Cranberry Orange Chicken Thighs
Write a review
- 6 pack of bone-in skin-on chicken thighs*
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp ghee or duck fat
- 1 large orange sliced thinly with skin on
- 4-6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towel, and lightly sprinkle them with salt and pepper on both sides. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt the ghee over medium-high heat. When the fat is shimmering, add the chicken thighs skin side down. Sear for 5+ minutes or until the chicken skin releases easily from the pan and is golden in color. Sear for another 5 minutes with the flesh side down. Turn off the heat.
- Carefully arrange the orange slices and herbs by tucking them under the seared meat. Use tongs because the meat is hot.
- Put the whole cast iron skillet into the oven. After 20 minutes, sprinkle the fresh cranberries over the top of the meat and continue roasting.
- Roast the chicken thighs for about 15 more minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the meat (not on the bone) or until the juices run clear. You may need more or slightly less time depending on the size of the chicken thighs, so watch accordingly.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper and serve.
Verve Magazine https://vervesouth.com/