Savory Cranberry Conserva
Thanks to the tangy rice vinegar and brown sugar, this simple cranberry sauce is tart, sweet, and completely addictive.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil. Add the shallot, garlic and fennel and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 3 minutes. Add 1/3 cup of water, the cranberries, sugar, vinegar and mustard and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries are coated in a thick sauce, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape into a bowl and let cool; serve.
- The conserva can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Verve Magazine https://vervesouth.com/